Toolbox Talks: Why are they important?
These Toolbox Talks downloads are important because they are a ready resource that you and your company can use in training your employees in regards to safety. The topics that are covered in this section are written by experienced individuals who know the proper methods to ensure a safe workplace. The Institute along with its Safety Committee has committed considerable effort in developing these Toolbox Talks and the promotion of safety. It is our recommendation that each and every company institute a formal safety program with regular safety meetings and training sessions.
SWR Institute sincerely believes that safety is everyone's responsibility!
Toolbox Talks / Charla en la caja de Herramientas: Seguridad de Escaleras
In partnership with our OSHA Alliance we have produced the following OSHA-Alliance approved Toolbox Talks.
NEW! - Click here to download all Toolbox Talks (.zip file - 11Mb)
- Guidelines to a Productive Toolbox Talk | Spanish Version
- Aerial Lifts | Spanish Version
- Barricades | Spanish Version
- Competent Person | Spanish Version
- Drinking Water | Spanish Version
- Driver Safety | Spanish Version
- Electrical | Spanish Version
- Excavation and Trenching| Spanish Version
- Eye Protection| Spanish Version
- Fall Protection | Spanish Version
- Fire Extinguisher | Spanish Version
- First Aid | Spanish Version
- Foot Protection | Spanish Version
- Hazards and Safe Use of Multi-Component Chemical Products in Construction (Guidance Document) | Spanish Version
- Head & Face Protection| Spanish Version
- Housekeeping | Spanish Version
- Illumination | Spanish Version
- Lifting & Back Protection| Spanish Version
- Lockout (LOTO) | Spanish Version
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) | Spanish Version
- Portable Generators | Spanish Version
- Power Tools | Spanish Version
- Powder Actuated Tools | Spanish Version
- Respiratory Protection| Spanish Version
- Safety Clothing (Protective Clothing)| Spanish Version
- Silica| Spanish Version
- Slips, Trips & Falls| Spanish Version
- Suspension Trauma | Spanish Version
- Swing Radius | Spanish Version
- Choosing the Right Ladder | Spanish Version
- Do's and Don'ts of Using a Ladder | Spanish Version
- Extension Ladder Safety | Spanish Version
- Inspect Ladders Carefully | Spanish Version
- Set Up & Use of Ladder | Spanish Version
- Using a Stepladder Safely | Spanish Version
Toolbox Talk Survey
We would greatly appreciate if you would take the time to complete this short seven question survey. We want to hear the feedback from our members on how the Toolbox Talks are being used, how they are beneficial and recommendations for future Toolbox Talks topics. Click here to complete the survey.
In Feb. 2003, the Sealant, Waterproofing & Restoration Institute (SWR Institute) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) announced their alliance to promote safe and healthful working conditions for workers who apply and work with sealant, waterproofing and restoration products. To learn more about the OSHA Alliance, and safe practices in the workplace and jobsite, click here .